Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Don't Know What Autism is?

         This is my daughter and she has Autism. You ask but how could that be? There are no physical disabilities. Well because Autism is a developmental disability not a physical disability. Autism affects the learning, social and emotional process. She is a very normal, happy little girl. She has abilities that shine through everyday. She can become social and emotional and learn.
       She has to be taught how to learn new things and shown to become social and emotional. All of this is present she just has a hard time showing it because she doesn't know how. Its not that she cant. So when you hear Autism please don't think "oh my god, poor child". There is nothing wrong with my child because her abilities are stronger than her disability. If she wanted to become a doctor, nurse, lawyer, judge guess what, she can. You might think she cant, how?
        If you do not live with autism you will never understand. Even if you learn about autism you will still not understand. You see, what my daughter shows me is unexplainable. She is unique in her own way and she makes me proud. The reason she is able to strive and show her potential is because she has a family who supports and knows she can achieve what she sets her mind to. That is what Autism is.

2 comments:

  1. Very well said. In my case it's my son Ryan who is Autistic. He is the most precious part of my life and always will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx. There is always a misunderstanding regarding Autism.

    ReplyDelete