Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Understanding & Acceptance

         We need to move forward when it comes to Autism. People need to be understanding and accept what Autism is. My heart breaks when I get stares and hear whispers. Until people understand then they can have their comments. There are so many misinformed people. My daughter has Autism and everyday is difficult. She may not talk but she has a lot to say in her own way. She is very smart it just takes her a little longer to learn.
    She can play like other kids. She has feelings too. Please be understanding and educated about Autism. All parents of autistic kids want understanding and acceptance. So please next time you see a child misbehaving don't be so quick to judge. You don't know what we feel as a parent of an autistic child.
     My daughter doesn't talk. I can't ask her how her day was and get a response. I don't like to see my child struggle while other kids can get it right. Everyday we feel pain when our children struggle. They are viewed as not normal. We cannot change our children but we can change the world's view on Autism. Children with Autism are beautiful, smart, bright kids.Open your heart and your minds and you will see how bright our kids are!!!! Help spread Autism awareness and acceptance. Our kids deserve that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment