Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sibling Acceptance

        Since my daughters diagnosis a little over a year ago I have seen so many changes. The way she learns and the way she interacts with others, especially with her two older siblings. In the beginning it was difficult for her to play because she didn't know how to and they didn't know how to play with her. So I explained to my older children how they can learn to understand her and how they can teach her to understand them. Since then, they have made such a strong bond.
        I see the smiles on their faces when they are together. Seeing my older children play with their baby sister is such a great feeling. They understand what she faces everyday and are always teaching her new things. They are her protectors and biggest supporters. The love they have for each other is amazing. Watching them hug each other makes my heart flutter. I am the happiest mother ever.
        I am glad that they can accept autism as part of our family and also accept their sister for who she is. When they look at their little sister all they see is a beautiful, smart little girl and I'm happy to say that ALL OF MY CHILDREN ARE AMAZING and it makes me proud as a mom!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment