Monday, July 8, 2013

My Emotions

    These past couple of months have been pretty tough,
    AUTISM comes with a lot of stuff,
    I have been overcome with so many emotions,
    It hits me like the big waves that come from the ocean,
    There is a constant reminder that it will be okay,
    But reality is AUTISM is here to stay,
    I see her accomplishments big or small,
    Like when she is playing with a ball,
    The littlest moments are always the best,
    Everyday she is put to the test,
    I sit and watch a brave little girl,
    It brings tears to my eyes as she twirls,
    Not a care or worry that runs through her mind,
    Because her day will come for her to find,
    What she is meant to do with her life,
    I hope one day she will be someone's wife,
   There are times that I have doubts about my parenting,
    It feels like my life is just staggering,
    I do my best and always try,
    Because I want her to strive,
    She is full of potential and will succeed,
    I want her to live her life and be as free as can be,
    This world will always judge you,
    Just keep your head high because you belong too,
    I want her future to shine and be bright,
    Living with AUTISM has shown me the light,
    To my journey and my path,
    It will be bumpy and we might crash,
    I know one thing is for sure,
    My daughter has AUTISM and I don't want a cure,
    I love her for who she is loving, kind and sweet,
    She makes my heart skip a beat,
    I love you my dear child forever and always,
    Remember my love will never go astray.

   Mommy loves you always!! I'm very proud to say you are my shining star!!

  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment