Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Don't Know What To Think Anymore

      I keep seeing stories about possible links to autism. Now I dont know what to beleive. It's always been it could be, but not a definite answer. I have learned on this journey that it doesn't matter to me anymore what the cause for autism is because it will not change who my daughter is. I stopped racking my brain of all the things I did or didnt do during my pregnancy. Think about it... Does it really matter what the cause of autism is? For many parents, it has been a long journey and finding out the cause(s) of autism will not change the fact that our kids live with it already. It will not reverse the diagnosis so what's the point in knowing. I have learned to accept what is and not make excuses or be judgemental. Autism is a life changing experience but so worth it. If I could change anything I would not, because my daughter is my blessing and has filled my life with happiness and joy. So for all the parents who would like answers, I understand but if you are too consumed in finding answers that won't change anything you will miss out on all of the important accomplishments your child will make. Remember enjoy your children now because tomorrow is not promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment