Wednesday, June 28, 2017

My grief

Dad, although it has been two years since you went away,
The pain is so real, it feels like yesterday.

The pain in my heart will always remain,
It's something I will never be able to tame.

My life feels so empty and I feel so lost,
Losing you was such a great cost.

You were the greatest dad, I am so thankful for you,
No one will ever fill your shoes.

I wish I could tell you, that I am fine,
But the truth is, I am lost in time.

I want you to know that you were my best friend,
My love for you will never end.

I wish I could hug you and never let go,
Thank you dad for helping me grow.

There was so much left to say,
I wish you could have you stayed.

I want you to know I love and miss you so very much. Until we meet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment