Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Look Through My Eyes

     The recent tragedy has hurt many parents, including myself. The media continues to link violence with Autism. This has hurt me even more. Autistic children are not violent. My child is not violent. I dont want the world to view my child and other autistic children that way. They are loving, sweet children. The autism community has been through a lot already dealing with misinformed ignorant people.
     We need to teach them about Autism. We need to raise awareness. People need to fully understand what Autism is. There are many children and adults affected by Autism. Everday is a struggle for autistics and their parents. We wake up every day hoping for acceptance for our children. Our kids need to be looked at for who they are. Judging a person they know little about is not right. In order for our kids to live in this society they have to be understood. Our children want to be loved like every kid. They have feelings too. Don't stop raising awareness. Our kids need this. I'm hoping for a better Year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment