Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What Does The Future Hold?

     As I wake up everyday the constant thought goes through my mind. What will my daughter's future be like? I don't know and it's scary. I can picture it being perfect, but lets face it nothing is perfect. Will she be able to advocate for herself? Will she be able to become independent? Will she be able to socialize? Will she find someone who will love her for who she is? I hope so.
    These are questions that only time will tell. I will do everything in my power to teach her all she needs to know so her future is bright. What I do for her now will help shape her future. I taught my older kids how to work with my younger daughter. How to understand her needs. They will be her guide when I'm no longer here.
    I fear when that day comes because nobody can understand my daughter better then me. With hard work and determination my daughter's future will be bright. She will be the best that she can be. As a mom you can't stop thinking about all these questions. You want the best for your child. You want your child to be accepted. This world is a tough place to live in for a child with a disability. Your child will become successful with the help of a loving, caring mother who doesn't stop pushing.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment