Friday, December 14, 2012

My View On Raising Two Children With Disabilities

       Being a mom/parent is a great feeling. Being a mom/parent of a child with disabilities is even a greater feeling. They leave an impact on you that will never be forgotten. It fills you up with joy. Children with disabilities are unique, funny, smart, and adorable. There are many challenges when it comes to raising children as unique as them.
       There are good days and there are bad days. There are days when sometimes you feel exhausted and overwhelmed. But then there are days that leave you with great memories. The way they smile, the way they laugh,the way they look at you, how/ when they tell you " I love you Mom/Dad".
      These are the moments that we cherish. These are the moments I cherish. My two children have a different diagnosis. One with ASD who is 3 yrs.old and one with ADD/LD who is 11 yrs.old. So their needs are different. My 3 yr.old needs help all the time as she cannot do things on her own. My 11 yr.old also needs help, but not as much because he can do majority of things on his own. 
      I have had many great moments in my life and THIS MOMENT has been the best so far. My children have made me laugh, they have made me cry. As a Mom/ Parent this is my duty. Everyday is a blessing and I wouldn't change it for anything. This experience has been incredible for me. It has shown me that anything is possible to handle. You just have to open your minds and your hearts. Be caring, thoughtful, loving, and most of all, be the best parent you can be. Our kids will be forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment